It’s dawned on me that I am a lot closer to thirty, than I am to twenty now. I have already done a few of the things that I wanted to do at this point. However, there’s certainly a lot more. There are some bigger things – like actually buying a house – that I’ve not gotten the chance to do yet. But more than that, I realised that there are a number of small things that I keep saying I’ll do and simply just never got around to. It was “I’d like to do this sometime” but without a fixed deadline or date, it never really happened. So, it seems like a good time to start a 30 before 30 list of things that I want to try and do in the next couple of years. A number of these are, most definitely, stationery related goals. A few are things I’d just like to do more of, and so have set some targets for them.
I’ll be honest… A number of these were influenced by my Stationery Self-Care post, which lists a bunch of ways that stationery can help improve your self-care routine. It’s something I need to focus on right now and that’s why, I think they quite rightly deserve to be goals that I aim to achieve. So without further ado, here we go~
My 30 before 30 list~
- Have visited at least 30 Countries / US States.
- Raise/Donate £30 a month for 30 months to charity.
- Complete 30 scrapbook pages.
- Handmade and send 30 Birthday cards.
- Handmade and send 30 Christmas cards.
- Send 30 letters to family or friends.
- Send 30 letters to people I’ve never written to before.
- Do 30 pieces of art [drawing, calligraphy, painting etc].
- Give 30 gifts.
- Learn 30 recipes.
- Complete a Nanowrimo.
- Complete a Blogmas.
- Learn to drive.
- Take a roadtrip somewhere.
- Visit a new country.
- Watch a musical you haven’t seen before.
- Start a business.
- Buy a house / apartment.
- Learn the basics of a new language.
- Run a Half-Marathon.
- Fill a sketchbook of drawings.
- Reach 20K views on my blog.
- Monetise my blog.
- Start a challenge for others.
- Design ten original products.
- Complete a journal.
- Volunteer or mentor again.
- Finalise the tattoo design.
- Complete a papercutting book.
- Learn a new skill / sport.
To help keep me accountable and on top of these things, I thought I’d post them here to start with. I also am planning to look back at the list every few months to see how I’ve progressed. Some of these are definitely a bit more nerve-wrecking than others but I think I’ll have to just bite the bullet and attempt to do them. If I don’t start sometime, I’ll never do it. Watch my progress over on Instagram.
So there you have it, a lot of goals that are mostly stationery related! And a two year deadline on completion. Do you have any goals that you wish to achieve by a certain age?