I’m very excited today! My planner addiction is something that everyone who knows me knows about… It’s never been good for my bank balance or for the storage space in my room but today, that addiction is coming into a lot of use. I’ve decided to revisit some aspects of my life to redefine them, make them better and quite specifically, make them more organised. This organisation is the first stage to bettering myself in these ways and I have decided to share my journey with you, in the hopes that something will be useful to you and might help you to organise any aspects of your life that you wish to organise! So let’s get started, let’s get organised!
I am a big believer in constantly setting goals to improve myself. There are various aspects that I am hoping to focus on, so I can make sure I’m much more organised when it comes to those. This is a list of the topics I hope to cover during this series:
- Planning & Goal Setting
- Social Media
- Mental Health
There may be a few more as I go along or each may have more than one post but I would love to be able to do some planning on each of these areas one by one to get more organised.
My blog name, Aumsome, is a constant reminder to be awesome through love and kindness – and a part of that means constantly aiming to be the best I can be… (You can read about what Aumsome means on my about page, if you’re interested!)
Whilst some of these can directly help others benefit (i.e. if my tips on goal setting can help you to achieve your goals then that’s a winner!) whilst others might put me in a position to be able to help… If I am physically, mentally & financially healthy myself, for example, then I will be in a much better position to be able to help others who may need my help. If I can be organised and reduce my own stress, perhaps I can help others in a similar position make their life a little less stressful!
The “let’s get organised” series will be a regular feature on this blog. Along the way, I’ll be sharing free printables that I create or doing giveaways. It will tackle various aspects of my life that I think I could improve on and to do so, I want to get more organised in those areas. Instead of doing this journey alone, I want to do it alongside you. Perhaps something here will be of relevance to you and help you to get more organised or improve in a certain area. I am more than happy to take suggestions if there’s something you would like to know a little more about.
To start the series, it’s important to choose your topics and understand why. I have listed a few that I definitely want to work on and I highly recommend you take a moment and do the same! Other themes could include work, volunteering, food, hobbies, a particular project, breaking bad habits (or perhaps forming good new ones) and so forth!
Once you have your topic, think about why you chose that and what you hope to achieve from it. Here’s some more information about why I chose my topics to get you started:
- Planning & Goal Setting – This is fairly obvious but since I’m a goal setter, I want a place to write down my goals and plan out how I am going to achieve them so I can make sure that I do or keep working towards them. It’s too easy to forget or put something off if you don’t have a reminder to do it.
- Blogging – I’ll be honest, I’m currently fairly unorganised when it comes to my blog. I have tons of ideas scattered around in various places and lots of to do lists, with no clear schedule or plan. It’s usually week by week planning and I want to stop that, get more serious and get more productive by having a concrete plan.
- Social Media – This is something I do for 40 hours a week at work, it’s great and I love it but I rarely transfer the skills I have learnt to my personal or blog social media accounts… I think it’s important to take a moment, stop and try to be a little more organised to make sure I am giving each social media account I have the attention it deserves (because, let’s be honest, my facebook page is so inactive and I’ve been meaning to use pinterest for ages and just don’t…).
- Travel – I love travelling, it’s incredibly fun and teaches me so much about life. But travelling requires a fair deal of organisation. It’s possible to be spontaneous but sometimes you get a lot more out of it if you’re organised (as it can take the stress out of “not knowing”). I want to add a bit of organisation into it so I can travel stress-free and make the most of the time by enjoying it!
- Finance – This is all about being more aware of my incomings & outgoings to make sure I don’t overspend and I’m more aware of when bills are due. I actually spend a lot of time researching the latest bank accounts, credit cards, saving accounts etc to see where I should put my money to gain the most amount of interest and get rid of any debt that I have as quickly as possible. So this is just about being a little more aware of what’s happening with my money and when things need to be paid in advance so I’m not worrying about getting fined for late payment or anything.
- Fitness – Now this one is all about actually starting to do some exercise and encourage myself to do it more regularly… I’m hoping if I’m organised about it then it will help?
- Mental Health – Looking after my mental health is just as important to me as looking after my physical, if not even more so. So I am looking to dedicate more time to actually making an effort to do something that’s good for my mental health and reduce anything that might actually be doing more harm than good!
You don’t have to pick as many areas as I have – or you could pick more. What’s important here is that you start doing them one by one and focus on making small progress. Rushing into doing all of them at the same time might be overwhelming (it certainly would be for me!) so I will slowly start making steps to tackling each one.
Small steps are better than standing still, after all.
So what are you areas? Will you be doing any that I plan to do or have you got your own ones in mind? Comment below and let me know!