I normally don’t do tags like this but they look fun so I thought I’d give it a go! Thank you to Respirare for nominating me. I love the idea of this as it gives you a little bit more of an insight into the blogger.
So, let’s go with 7 facts about me. Now you already know that I love stationery and crafting so I figured I’d talk a bit about some of my other likes – or dislikes! Hope this gives you a little bit of an insight into my life and the what I do outside of blogging – enjoy! Let me know if you can relate to any of these facts.
7 facts about me!
Does this make me a “bad” blogger?
- Apparently all bloggers drink coffee and lots of tea – like are you even a blogger if you don’t? Well, I don’t and I’m okay with that! I don’t like coffee and I am don’t want to get addicted to tea so I rarely drink it. My tea choices are limited to flavoured teas like chai, if I do have it. Mostly… I drink tea if I’m sick, really tired or cold. Otherwise, I avoid it!
Or a child genius?
- My biggest dream right now is having a stationery business. It’s what I’m working on now, it’s what I dream about doing in the future. Recently, I remembered that when I was younger, I told my mum I wanted to own a stationery store when I grew up. It became something my mum joked about but soon, everyone forgot about it. Turns out, kid Reema was onto something from the start…
Maybe just a scaredy cat?
- I dislike heights – with a passion – so, in an attempt to get over this, I learned how to skydive by myself. Did several jumps alone and then realised that I found it kind of boring, which is a bit disappointing. I still dislike heights, however, so I’m thinking of braving myself up enough to go do a bungee jump… For foolish reasons, my brain has decided to do things that I’m scared of doing (within reason). Things like, I used to get really anxious when I have to make phone calls to people I don’t know at work. So I took up a job where I had to make calls as part of it (I did tell them about that in the interview, don’t worry! They hired me for my honesty!). It’s helped me to get over that a little bit, so I think it’s a good thing. I’m all about trying to reduce my anxiety or fear in most situations. Except for when it comes to spiders. I am not going to be holding spiders any time soon to try and get rid of that. Nope. Nada. Nuh uh.
Or a total hoarder?
- Not a surprise but I genuinely have more planners in my house than I will ever need to use. Like ever. It doesn’t stop me from buying more though! I have no space for anything else but seem to keep buying and never removing… I like to think I’m organised but I feel like it’s getting to the point where it’s actually become a bit of a mess! On the plus side, it’s an “organised mess”.
I’m always thinking about Christmas…
- Christmas is perhaps one of my favourite times of the year. I hate being cold but I love the feeling of having a hot drink in my hands, huddled up close to loved ones as you admire the beautiful lights and decorations all over the city. And by hot drink, I definitely don’t mean coffee!! I mean a special Christmas Hot Chocolate or a cup of Mulled Wine. Both very Christmassy drinks to me! And when I think Christmas, I always think Christmas holidays! It’s so hard to decide where I want to go but there’s so many places that I want to see and Christmas is great time to go see different things. For example, the German Christmas Markets are a must! I’ve been constantly thinking about where to celebrate Christmas this year so hopefully I’ll book something in soon!
In fact, I’m always just thinking about where else I could be…
- I started travelling a few years ago to explore more of the world and see countries I hadn’t seen before. In the past few years, I’ve visited over 1/3rd of Europe so I’ve definitely started to cross a few of the bucket list off. Got a lot more to go through – especially further afield! A part of me wishes I had spent a year or so living in another country, just to experience a different lifestyle. I went to India for 3 months last year but that wasn’t long enough. As soon as I started to feel settled, I had to come back! I’m not sure I would want to live abroad permanently but I certainly would have liked to try it. I just really don’t want to leave my current life at the moment so am unlikely to get to experience it now.
Or what I previously was!
- A old hobby of mine, that sadly has seemed to fade a little, was dance. I used to love it – I still do but just don’t get the opportunity to dance and now feel a bit more self-conscious with it. Whilst at university though, I took part in various dance societies. Everything from being in the Belly Dance committee to the Pole Dancing one! I even tried my hand at breakdancing – but I was definitely not good at that. I’m 100% sure that I was far stronger and fitter during those years than I am right now. Dancing definitely kept me fitter.
- Sara – Go Out Searching
- Jimmy – Jimmy et al
- Hannah – Han Plans
- Hayley – Love Hayley Beth
- Zoe – No Light Without Darkness
- Abbey – Abbey Louisa Rose
- Amy – With Love Ali
- Melina – I’ve found Waldo
- Meggan – Between the Pages
- Lauren – Oh Hay
- Emma – The Stationery Geekette
- Ashlene – All She Has
- Molly – Daffodils & Daisies
- April – Travelling Wanderer
- Kerry – Everyday Life Gal
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award!
I look forward to reading everyone else’s posts! Comment below and let me know if any of these facts apply to you too – or if you’re completely the opposite! I would love to know more about you all.